Bring your recyclables to Buehler’s Fresh Foods
Buehler’s Fresh Foods is 100% behind all green and sustainability initiatives in the United States. We also like to make it possible for our customers to participate in being environmentally friendly, too. That’s why we have recycling centers at some of our Buehler’s locations: New Philadelphia, Ashland, Orrville, Wooster Milltown and Dover.
The recycling trend has been around for decades, but did you ever realize how much good recycling does for the planet*?
- Recycling diverts millions of tons of material away from landfills and incinerators each year
- Well-run recycling programs cost less to operate than waste collection, landfilling, and incineration.
- Recycling creates 1.1 million U.S. jobs, $236 billion in gross annual sales and $37 billion in annual payrolls.
- Recycling creates four jobs for every one job created in the waste management and disposal industries.
- Every ton of paper that is recycled saves 17 trees.
- The energy we save when we recycle one glass bottle is enough to light a light bulb for four hours.
- Recycling benefits the air and water by creating a net reduction in ten major categories of air pollutants and eight major categories of water pollutants.
- It is important to reduce our reliance on foreign oil. Recycling helps us do that by saving energy.
- Manufacturing with recycled materials, with very few exceptions, saves energy and water and produces less air and water pollution than manufacturing with virgin materials.
- Recycling prevents habitat destruction, loss of biodiversity, and soil erosion associated with logging and mining.
Do your part in keeping our planet beautiful and bring your recyclables to any Buehler’s Fresh Foods community recycle drop-offs today.
*All recycling facts re-published from RecyclingRevolution.com
June 20, 2011 in Blog