For breakfast or any meal, Lobster Cake Eggs Benedict will make you feel like royalty! Use prepared Hollandaise sauce to make this easier.
Lobster Cake Eggs Benedict
- 4 lobster cakes
- 4 eggs
- 4 thin slices beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups prepared Hollandaise sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 4 slices brioche bread
- Pre heat oven to 375 and bake Lobster cakes until heated through
- In a small sauce pan slowly bring Hollandaise sauce up to simmer
- In a larger sauce pot fill 2/3 with water and ½ cup white vinegar and bring to a boil
- Stir the boiling water with a metal slotted spoon to create a swirling motion in the water
- As the water swirls crack the 4 eggs carefully in the water and continue the water moving until eggs begin to set
- Cook until eggs are set but still soft to touch
- Remove eggs and drain with slotted spoon
- While eggs are cooking toast the brioche slices
- Once everything is ready , place the brioche flat on serving platter
- Then place slices of tomato and Lobster cakes on top
- Perch the eggs on top of the Lobster cakes and finish with the sauce and fresh chives
- Sprinkle with a little smoked paprika for garnish and serve !
This really should be served with a Bloody Mary for breakfast!
Love Shrimp and Quesadillas? Here’s a recipe that calls for shrimp, tomato, onion and goat cheese tucked into flour tortillas – for scrumptious Shrimp and Goat Cheese Quesadillas.
Shrimp and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
- 4 – 12 inch flour tortillas
- 1 lbs. cooked 31-40 cooked shrimp (thawed and tails removed)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh diced tomato
- ½ cup fresh diced sweet onion
- Juice of 2 limes
- 8 oz. fresh goat cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil , salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl toss all the ingredients except for the goat cheese and tortillas , set aside
- Pre heat oven to 400
- Spread goat cheese evenly among the 4 tortillas and on the bottom half of each tortilla distribute filling
- Fold over to form a semi circle
- Rub the tops with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil , season with salt and pepper and bake until browned and heated through.
When it comes to authentic Italian cheeses, Miceli’s is the real thing!
This family owned, Italian cheese company is located in Cleveland. John Miceli, Sr. founded the company in 1949. He knew what he was doing; his family had a history of making cheeses in Sicily. When the family moved to Ohio, the John Miceli began selling cheese in the Italian neighborhoods in Cleveland’s east side from his Model T Ford.
Quality and authenticity was important then, and are still the cornerstones of the company. Miceli’s cheeses are the preferred choice of many famous chefs across the country.
Still owned by the Miceli family, the company takes pride in carrying on the legacy and traditions that John Miceli built.
Buehler’s is proud to provide these great Italian cheeses for our customers.
Black Pearl Salmon Picatta
- 4- 5 oz. portions of Black Pearl Salmon
- 2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 fresh shallot peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic peeled and crushed
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons capers (drained)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- ½ stick of unsalted butter (softened)
- Preheat broiler on high in oven
- Rub salmon portions with 1 Tablespoon EVOO and season with salt and pepper
- Place under broiler
- While salmon is cooking, heat a medium sized saute pan over medium high heat
- Add the remaining Tablespoon of EVOO and then the garlic and shallots
- Saute for 1-2 minutes until shallots soften then add chicken broth and lemon juice
- Bring to a simmer for at least 2-3 minutes
- Once salmon is firm to the touch and cooked through, remove from oven and put on serving platter
- Remove saute pan from the heat and stir in the butter and capers (do not return to heat after adding the butter or sauce will break)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and pour over the salmon
- Finish with the fresh parsley on top and enjoy!
This would be very nice a light and fruity red wine.
Check out the Seafood Specials in Buehler’s weekly ad.
Lobster Cake Club Sandwich w/ Lemon Dill Mayo
- 4 – 3 oz. Lobster Cakes
- 4 English muffins, toasted and sliced
- ¼ cup Mayo
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 slices of crispy bacon
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Heat the lobster cake in 375 degree oven until lightly browned and heated through
- While cake is cooking, combine the mayo with dill and lemon juice
- Lay baby spinach on bottom slices of English muffin and top with slices of tomatoes
- Place heated lobster cakes on top and garnish with dill mayo and bacon
- Top with remaining English muffin tops and enjoy
**This would go great with an oaky Chardonnay
Check out the Seafood Specials in Buehler’s weekly ad.
Craft beer lovers – here’s your chance to get some rare bombers! These elusive beers are available ONLY at our Medina North Court Beverage store – while supplies last! Stop in at 998 North Court Street, Medina, or call to learn more: 330-723-0041.
Monday – Saturday 9 AM – 9 PM
Sunday 11 AM – 6 PM
Special Craft Beer Bombers are available while supplies last!
2015 Stone Stochasticity Project HiFi + LoFi Mixtape – 22oz Blend of Fresh and Barrel Aged
Ales. ABV= 8.8%
2014 Stone Stochasticity Project Hibiscusicity – 22oz Belgian Style Ale Brewed with Hibiscus
Flowers and Orange Peel. ABV= 7.4%
2011 Stone Belgo Anise Imperial Russian Stout – 22oz Brewed with Anise, Oak Chips and
Belgian Yeast. ABV= 10.5%
2015 Stone Chai-Spiced Imperial Russian Stout – 22oz Brewed with Tea and Spices.
2016 Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout (Encore Series) – 22oz.
2016 Stone 02.02.02 Vertical Epic Ale (Encore Series) – 22oz. ABV= 7.5%
Founders Lizard of Koz – 750mL Imperial Stout Brewed with Blueberries, Chocolate and
Vanilla Aged in Bourbon Barrels. ABV= 10.5%
Founders DKML – 750mL Imperial Malt Liqour Aged in Bourbon Barrels. ABV= 14.2%
Clown Shoes Whitetail Unidragon – 22oz Russian Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels.
Clown Shoes Hammer of the Beast – 22oz Imperial Stout and Barleywine Aged in Rum
Barrels. ABV= 11.75%
Clown Shoes Archdruid – 22oz Red Ale Aged in Irish Whiskey Barrels. ABV= 9%
Clown Shoes Crasher in the Rye 2017 – 22oz mperial Oatmeal Milk Stout Aged in Rye
Barrels. ABV= 11.5%
Clown Shoes Pecan Pie Porter – 22oz. ABV= 8.5%
Clown Shoes Coffee Pecan Pie Porter – 22oz Brewed with Pecans and Spices with Coffee
Added. ABV= 8.5%
Clown Shoes Exorcism at Sunset – 22oz Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels.
Clown Shoes Breakfast Beast – 22oz Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels with Coffee.
Leelanau Whaleback White – 750mL Bottle Conditioned White Ale Brewed with Spices Aged
In French Oak. ABV= 5.2%
Against the Grain Tall Tale – 750mL Malt Beverage Brewed with Coffee and Cacao Nibs,
Aged in Wood and Finished with Brettanomyces. ABV= 8.5%
Eviltwin Glazed Imperial Doughnut Break – 22oz Imperial Porter Brewed with Coffee.
Victory Jubilee Biere Brut – 750mL Bottle Conditioned and Fermented with Sparkling Wine
Yeast. ABV= 12%
Thirsty Dog Bernese Barleywine – 750mL Barleywine Aged in Bourbon Barrels.
Thirsty Dog Maple Porter – 750mL Porter Aged in Maple Bourbon Barrels. ABV= 7.5%
Breckenridge 25th Anniversary Imperial Vanilla Porter – 750mL Aged in Rum Barrels with
Real Vanilla Beans. ABV= 9.8%
Boulevard Smokestack Series 2015 Saison Brett – 750mL. ABV= 8.5%
Boulevard Smokestack Series 2015 Imperial Stout – 750mL Stout with Coconut. ABV= 11%
Anderson Valley Salted Caramel Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter – 22oz Malt Beverage Aged 6
Months in Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrels. ABV= 6%
Anderson Valley Huge Arker Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout – 22oz Malt Beverage Aged 6
Months in Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrels. ABV= 13.5%
Anderson Valley Barrel Aged G&T Gose – 22oz Brewed with Natural Flavors and Aged in
Bourbon Barrels. ABV= 6.5%
Deschutes Black Butte XXIX 29th Birthday Reserve – 22oz Porter Brewed with Dutched
Cocoa, Saigon Cinnamon, and Cayenne, 50% Aged in Bourbon and Rum Barrels.
Deschutes The Abyss 2016 Reserve – Imperial Stout Brewed with Black Strap Molasses and
Licorice, Dry Spiced with Cherry Bark and Vanilla Bean, 21% Aged in Oak Bourbon
Barrels, 21% Aged in Oak Wine Barrels, and 8% Aged in New Oregon Oak Barrels.
List posted January 15, 2018
Pineapples are delicious! It’s awesome to know that they are also good for you! Here are 10 healthy benefits that come with this juicy fruit:
1. Good for your Health Carbs
One cup (165 grams) of pineapple contains 21.7 grams of carbohydrates and 2.3 grams of fiber, meaning that 19.4 grams of digestible carbs are in each cup.
Pineapple does not have a huge impact on blood sugar levels (at least not in healthy people).
2. Excellent Fiber
One cup of pineapple contains 2 grams of fiber, almost all insoluble (99%).
Insoluble fibers reduce the risk of type two diabetes and digestion.
3. Vitamins & Minerals
One cup of pineapple provides 132% of the recommended daily intake for Vitamin C and 76% of manganese. Pineapples also contain copper, a trace mineral critical for many important functions in the body, such as producing red blood cells, and Folate (B9), which is important for regular function of cells and tissue growth. Folate is very important for women who are pregnant.
4. Lowered Cancer Risk
A main cause of death around the world, cancer is mainly characterized by uncontrollable cell growth that harms surrounding tissues.
Diets high in yellow vegetables and fruit (like pineapples!) reduce the risk of colon cancer.
Various test-tube studies have shown that bromelain, present in pineapples, may prevent the growth of cancer cells and lead them to cell death.
5. Improves Immunity
Bromelain has been proven in studies to strengthen the immune system and reduce inflammation, and may stimulate immune responses, thus reducing the severity of inflammation, and have beneficial effects in asthma and allergic airway diseases.
Consuming pineapple or taking a bromelain supplement may shorten the timeline of sinus infections, prevent blood clots, reduce inflammation, and stimulate immune responses, especially in kids.
6. Amazing Plant Compounds
Only found in pineapple, bromelain is a unique protein-digesting enzyme. It also reduces the risk of cancer, heals wounds, and improves tummy health.
Anthocyanins: Pineapple contains low amounts of anthocyanins, powerful antioxidants that helps reduce the risk of many diseases, like heart disease.
(Thanks to bromelain content, you may use pineapple juice to tenderize meat!)
7. Trims the Waistline
Pineapple makes you feel full and provides energy without adding too many calories. With less thank 60 calories per half cup,
One-half cup of fresh pineapple contains fewer than 60 calories, pineapple has a high water content and is rich in fiber, which keeps you satiated. The golden fruit has also been shown to reduce stomach bloating due to bromelain, which leads to better digestive function and a trimmer waist.
8. Reduces Nausea in Pregnant Women
Pineapple can have a nausea-relieving effect, attributed to high amounts of vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin B6 that helps relieve the symptoms of pregnancy-induced nausea.
9. Boost Fertility
Foods with high antioxidant content, like pineapple, are recommended for those trying to conceive due to several beneficial vitamins and minerals, including beta-carotene, vitamin C, copper, zinc, and folate.
Many of these elements can help boost fertility in both men and women due to assisting in fighting free radicals.
10. Boosts Blood Circulation
Pineapple produces copper, an essential mineral vital in a number of enzymatic reactions and compounds in the body. Copper is a necessary mineral for the formation of healthy red blood cells, which deliver oxygen to various organ systems and help them to function at optimum levels.
Pineapple also increases cognitive abilities and can maintain neural pathways to prevent neural disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Source: Chestnut Hill Farms