An original recipe from Chef William Cornelius & Buehler’s Fresh Foods.
- 1 Lb. ground sirloin beef
- 2 Tbsp. Canola oil, divided
- 1 Lb. cooked bratwurst links, large dice
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 1, 12 oz. bottle beer
- 1, 28 oz. can crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 1, 14 oz. can mild green chilies, undrained
- 1, 16 oz. can chili beans, undrained
- 1, 16oz. Can black beans, drained
- 1, 14 ¾ oz. can cream-style corn
- 1, 14 ¾ oz. can whole kernel corn
- 1, 8 oz. can pickled jalapenos
- 1, 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. beef base
- ¼ C. lime juice
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. Each: celery salt, granulated onion, black pepper
- ¼ tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes
- shredded cheddar
- sour cream
1. In a Dutch Oven over a medium heat, brown the ground sirloin in 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
2. Add the bratwurst, white & red onion, bell peppers, minced garlic, and remaining oil to the pan; cook and stir over medium heat until sausage begins to brown. Add beer. Turn heat to high and stir in the tomatoes, beans, creamed and whole kernel corn, jalapenos, roasted red peppers, sugar, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, roasted red pepper, cilantro, celery salt, granulated onion, granulated garlic, black pepper.
3. Bring to a boil then add beef base and lime juice.
4. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered until heated through, 25 – 30 minutes. Serve with shredded cheddar, sour cream or any of your favorite toppings!