You can make this Easy Pot Roast! Start with a Certified Angus Beef English Roast…Cook it low and slow in a 300 degree oven for four hours to bring out the delicious flavor! Or pop it in a slow cooker on low for 6-7 hours. Here’s the recipe:
Easy Pot Roast
- 3 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ®English roast
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Season roast heavily with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Sear roast for a couple minutes on each side over medium-high heat, until nicely browned. Transfer roast to large plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot, stirring over medium heat until onions are soft. Stir in flour and tomato paste, followed by stock and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and scrape browned bits from bottom of pot. Add roast back to pot, cover tightly and place in oven. (Optional: transfer roast and liquid to a slow cooker, cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours until tender.)
- Cook for 3 hours, turn roast, add rosemary and cook approximately one more hour, until completely tender.
- Transfer roast to cutting board and tent with foil. Remove rosemary and, using a ladle, skim fat from liquid. Place Dutch oven on stovetop and bring contents to a boil.
- Slice roast against the grain or pull in bite-size pieces. Serve with reduced sauce.