Gather your ingredients and cook along with Chef Ben as he makes these delicious Stuffed Peppers.
Stuffed Peppers Recipe
6 bell peppers, assorted colors
Tbsp cooking oil
1# of ground beef
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 small yellow onion, small dice
1 jar of red sauce or marinara sauce (32 oz)
½ Tsp salt
¼ Tsp black pepper
2 cups of cooked white rice
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Top and deseed peppers.
- Place peppers into a baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake peppers for around 15 minutes or until starting to become tender. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a sauté pan, place oil and ground beef. Cook beef over medium heat.
- While meat is cooking, and about halfway finished, add the onions and garlic to the pan and finish cooking. The onions should be mostly translucent when you are done cooking the meat.
- Add ½ of the jar of red sauce, rice, salt and pepper to the meat mixture and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Pour the second ½ of red sauce into the baking pan on the bottom.
- Stuff the peppers with your mixture and place into baking pan on top of sauce.
- Top the peppers with the mozzarella cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake the peppers for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes to achieve color on the cheese, and ensure the peppers are heated to 165 degrees in the middle.