https://www.buehlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CAB-Beef-Recipe-Blog-photos4.jpg 321 845 Karen Brenner http://www.buehlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/BuehlersLogo-New.png Karen Brenner2017-01-20 15:08:512017-01-20 15:23:49Bottom Round Pot Roast with Mushroom Onion Sauce Recipe
Bottom Round Pot Roast with Mushroom Onion Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® bottom round roast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces sliced button or baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 (12-ounce) package egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine salt, pepper and cornstarch.
- On a large plate, season roast cornstarch mixture, reserving excess that doesn’t stick to roast. Heat oil in Dutch oven on stovetop over medium-high heat. When oil begins to smoke, sear roast on all sides until brown.
- Remove roast from pan and set aside on a clean plate. Add mushrooms and sear over medium heat until browned. Stir in onions to soften, 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk flour and stock together in a measuring pitcher, creating a slurry. Add slurry and any reserved cornstarch mix to mushroom onion mixture. Bring back to a boil then turn off stovetop heat. Add roast to center of Dutch oven with mushrooms, cover and place in preheated oven; braise 2 1/2-3 hours until tender enough to separate easily with the side of a fork.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Remove roast from oven to a clean cutting board; tent with foil. Stir sour cream into braised mushroom mixture. Pull beef apart with fork and serve over noodles with mushroom onion sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef®