Buehler’s has been a leader in recycling since before recycling was cool!
Many of stores feature convenient bins for our customers to drop off their recyclables. You’ll find bins at our Ashland, Dover, Medina Forest Meadows, Medina River Styx, Wadsworth, New Philadelphia, Orrville, and Wooster Milltown stores.
Here are some tips about what we accept:
Medina Forest Meadows, Medina River Styx and Wadsworth Recycling Centers
Plastic Bottles and Jugs
- Plastic bottles & jugs with a base wider than its small mouth
- Plastic food containers with #1-7 (yogurt, frozen food trays, etc)
- Okay to leave lids on plastic bottles
- Okay to flatten plastic bottles
- Aluminum cans
- Aerosol cans (lids & tips removed)
- Metal cans & lids
- Tin Cans
- Aluminum foil and disposable aluminum pans free of food waste
- Cartons for juice, soy milk, milk, broth, cram, egg substitutes (caps & straws removed)
- Paper & Cardboard
- Newspapers & inserts
- Magazines & catalogs
- Junk mail & envelopes
- Phone books
- Paper grocery bags
- Cereal & snack boxes
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Clean pizza boxes (free of food & grease)
- Loose shredded paper
- Glass bottles & jars (any color)
- Okay to leave lids on bottles and jars
- Okay to leave labels on bottles
Ashland Recycling Center
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS AND HOW TO PREPARE THEM
- NEWSPAPER – put in paper or plastic grocery bags or tie in bundles, ad slicks can stay in newspapers.
- MAGAZINES – put in paper or plastic grocery bags or tie in bundles
- BOOKS – put in paper or plastic grocery bags or tie in bundles
- MISC. PAPER – put in paper or plastic grocery bags
- CARDBOARD / BOX BOARD – flatten & bundle or flatten and put inside other cardboard containers
- ALUMINUM CANS – rinse out cans & drain, cans may be crushed to save space but not necessary
- STEEL / TIN CANS – rinse out food cans, aerosol cans may be included if empty
- PLASTIC CONTAINERS – plastic containers with a #1 thru #7 code on the bottom are recyclable. Rinse containers & drain, flatten to save space. No need to remove labels, caps or rings. Do not include motor oil bottles or antifreeze jugs. Milk bottles, water jugs, detergent bottles, cottage cheese containers, prescription bottles, etc. are all acceptable.
- #6 containers, if styrofoam are NOT recyclable.
- PLASTIC GROCERY BAGS – NO LONGER ACCEPTED
- PRINTER CARTRIDGES – place in original container, if possible & put with other recyclable items
Dover, New Philadelphia, Orrville and Wooster Milltown Recycling Centers
- Metal and aluminum cans
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Paper and newspaper
- Plastic Bottles (Plastics #1 and 2 only)
- Plastic Jugs (Plastics #1 and 2 only)
Glass is no longer accepted at these recycling centers due to breakage and very poor recycling market for glass
Buehler’s is planning to host just one recycling event in 2020 – at our New Philadelphia store in October. We’ll also host a paper shredding event in August at Wooster Milltown. Watch our Event Calendar for more information as dates are finalized.