Teal is the New Orange:
Allergen Friendly Party Planner
October is the perfect reason for a party — cooler temperatures, Fall harvest, and of course, Halloween. This year, Buehler’s is supporting the Teal Pumpkin Project to ensure everyone has a safe and happy Halloween including those managing allergies.
We’ve compiled a list of our favorite allergen friendly recipes, perfect if you’re hosting a Halloween party or bringing treats to a school event.
- Simply 7 Lentil Chips (4 oz. bag)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 – 1/2 c. taco sauce or a package of taco seasoning
- lightly chopped lettuce
- optional toppers: sliced avocado, shopped tomato, cilantro
- Divide bag of lentil chips into 5 – 6 bowls.
- Cook ground beef or ground turkey in a medium-size nonstick pan until browned.
- Add in the taco sauce or taco seasoning and heat another 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble by dividing the meat crumble between the bowls and topping with lettuce, tomato, avocado and cilantro.
Ghosts & Pumpkins
- Mandarin Oranges
- Allergen-free chocolate chips
- Celery stalks
- Peel bananas and cut in half. Add chocolate chips for eyes and mouths
- Peel mandarin oranges. Cut celery stalk into small pieces and insert as pumpkin stems.
Pumpkin Veggie Tray
- Baby carrots
- Cauliflower, cut into pieces
- Broccoli,, cut into pieces
- Cucumbers, sliced
- Black olives
- Small pepper
- Wash and prepare all vegetables.
- Arrange on a platter as a pumpkin face.
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- 1 c. banana chips
- 1 c. Vanilla Chex Cereal
- 1/2 c. pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 c. sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c. Enjoy Live Semi Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- Mix ingredients in bowl.
- Serve in cupcake liners or small jelly jars.
Carrot Cake Pops
For the Filling
- 1 box of Enjoy Life Foods Soft Baked Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1/4 c. crunchy sunflower seed butter
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. finely grated carrots
- 1/3 c. chopped pineapple
For the Coating and Assembly
- 1 c. Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
- 2 1/2 T. allergy-friendly oil
- about 16 sucker sticks
- Optional: sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Break Sinkerdoodle Soft Baked Cookies into pieces into a food processor. Add sunflower seed butter, vanilla, carrots, and pineapple. Pulse about 12 times, times, until the mixture begins to stick together. It will be sticky, but thick.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture onto prepared pan. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes until mixture is more firm
- Using your hands, roll the scoops into tight balls, returning to the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for about 1 hour.
- Push the sticks about two-thirds of the way into each ball. Return the pan to the freezer while melting the chocolate
- Combine Mini Chips and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, intil melted and smooth.
- Dip each cake pop into the melted chocolate, letting excess chocolate drip off. Place it back on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pops and top with optional sprinkles. Transfer the baking sheet back to the freezer so the chocolate can set, about 15 minutes. Decorate with orange and white sprinkles.
- Serve, or store in an airtight contain in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.