https://www.buehlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Whats-Cooking-BBB-Chili-.jpg 628 1200 Karen Brenner https://www.buehlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/BuehlersLogo-New.png Karen Brenner2021-01-04 13:31:272021-01-04 13:34:14Bourbon, BBQ, and Bacon Chili
Chef Ben demonstrates how to make what is perhaps the BEST Chili ever! Bourbon, BBQ and Bacon Chili is loaded with great ingredients.
Bourbon, BBQ, and Bacon Chili
- ½ LB chopped bacon
- 1 ½ LB ground beef
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 diced yellow onion
- ½ cup bourbon
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tsp kosher salt
- ¼ Tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups water (be liberal and add more if necessary)
- 15 oz can kidney beans
- 15 oz can pinto beans
- 15 oz can sweet corn
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream
- Yellow onion, minced
- Heat stock pot over medium high heat, and render bacon until almost fully cooked.
- Add ground beef, onions, and garlic to stock pot. Cook until ground beef is cooked through, breaking up the beef as you are cooking.
- Drain some fat from the meat if you feel it is necessary, and deglaze the pan with the bourbon scraping the bottom of the pan to maximize flavor. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the stock pot onto low and add tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, water, and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour adding additional water if the chili becomes too dry.
- Drain and rinse beans, and add to the stock pot with the corn. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add BBQ sauce, and salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and minced yellow onion.