Seafood = selfcare! Eat something delicious while protecting your heart using our recipes here. The American Heart Association recommends two servings of non-fried fish every week for heart health.
Panko Crusted Cod with Corn, Tomatoes and Basil
Makes 4 servings; 20 minute total prep time.
- 1-1/2 lb. cod or other white fish
- 3-3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1/4 TSP garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned panko crumbs
- 10 fresh basil leaves, slivered
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 dgrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place cod fillets in the center of baking sheet. Scatter corn kernals and tomatoes around cod. Drizzel cod and veggies with oil, garlic salt and pepper. Sprinkle fish with panko crumbs.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until cod is cooked through, stirring the veggies halfway through the cooking time. The fish will flake easily when done and will lose it’s translucent or raw appearance.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven. Sprinkle fish and veggies with basil. Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Seafood Nutrition Partnership.