https://www.buehlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/BuehlersLogo-New.png 0 0 Karen Brenner https://www.buehlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/BuehlersLogo-New.png Karen Brenner2021-01-29 10:02:522021-01-29 11:20:51Pesto Salmon and Zoodles in Parchment
This recipe features fresh or frozen salmon with spiralized zucchini noodles, tiny tomatoes, and corn all tossed with your choice of homemade or prepared pesto. This delicious dish is elegant enough for company but easy enough for weeknight supper!
Pesto Salmon and Zoodles in Parchment
Makes 2 servings; Prep time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 small zucchini (about 4 cups spiralized) ends trimmed and washed (or purchase frozen zucchini noodles
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 2 salmon fillets, 4 to 6 ounces each
- sea salt/fresh ground pepper
- Garnishes: lemon slices, toasted pinions, fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (375 convection)
- Spiralize the zucchini. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the corn and tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons of the pesto. Season with a tiny amount of salt and fresh ground pepper. Toss thoroughly to combine.
- Rub the remaining tablespoon of pesto on the salmon. Season lightly if desired.
- Using tongs, add half the vegetable mixture to the center of the parchment paper. Top with a salmon fillet. Fold in edges of parchment to create a little envelope – or, if you have it, use parchment paper bags and roll down the top. Place on baking sheet in the preheated oven.
- Cook 15 minutes. Open one bag if uncertain to check for doneness
- Cut an X on the top side of the bag, and using a large spatula lift the contents on to a plate. Pour any accumulated juice over the top.
- Garnish as desired with lemon slices, basil, and toasted pinions. Enjoy!
Source: Seafood Nutrition Partnership; Recipe developed by Tamara Andersen of Beyond Mere Sustenance