Po – Tacos
An original recipe from Chef William Cornelius & Buehler’s Fresh Foods
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 lg. onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Lbs. ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 2 pks. taco seasoning
- 12 oz. beer
- 1 Tbsp. beef base
- 6-8 hot baked potatoes
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 Lb. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ C. chopped green onion
- 12 oz. salsa
- 8 oz. sour cream
- shredded iceberg lettuce
For The Potatoes:
Preheat oven to 400F. Using a fork, poke holes in the potatoes. Using as many pieces of foil as you have potatoes, spray each piece with non-stick spray. Salt the foil then wrap each potato and bake for 1 hour.
1. In a large saute pan, saute onion & garlic until translucent then add in the ground sirloin and brown (you won’t need to drain the 90% lean beef).
2. Add taco seasoning in the same pan the beef was cooked in along with beer and beef base. Stir & simmer to incorporate.
3. For the fully prepared taters, prep with a sharp knife. Cut an X in the top of each potato. Press the ends of the potatoes toward the middle to open them up.
4. Top with cheese, taco meat, more cheese, onions, and garlic
5. Serve with salsa and/or sour cream, even guacamole would be an option. Then you decide, go crazy!
- Guacamole, chopped green onion, chicken/bacon/ranch, sour cream & chives, caramelized onions, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes.
- -Sweet Potatoes with sweeter edge fillings
- -BBQ Shredded Pork
- -White Chicken Chili
- -Dessert; roasted apple, chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows