https://www.buehlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Pork-and-Sauerkraut.jpg 628 1200 Karen Brenner https://www.buehlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/BuehlersLogo-New.png Karen Brenner2020-12-28 13:17:092020-12-28 13:17:51Pork and Sauerkraut
Join Chef Ben as he demonstrates how to make delicious Pork and Sauerkraut!
Pork and Sauerkraut
- 6-8 # Pork Butt (Shoulder Roast)
- 1 Tbsp Dry Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup of Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Smashed
- 2 Apples, Sliced
- 4 Whole Bay Leaves
- 2 Cups of Chicken or Beef Stock
- 1 Bottle/Can of Beer (Lager or Pilsner)
- 2 Lbs of Sauerkraut
- Mix together dry rub ingredients.
- Even coat the pork butt with the dry rub.
- Heat a saute pan over medium/high heat, add oil and sear the pork on all sides.
- Place into the slow-cooker.
- Place onions, garlic, apples, stock, bay leaves, and beer around the pork in the slow cooker.
- Top with sauerkraut, and turn on low for 8-10 hours or until the pork is tender and pulls apart.