Pumpkin Chili – 2 Ways
The original version of this tasty pumpkin chili includes lean ground turkey. To make a vegetarian and vegan version, simply eliminate the turkey. Makes approx. 10 (1 cup) servings.
Gather your ingredients and start cooking!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- (clean onion & pepper with a soft vegetable brush under running water before chopping)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey (leave out to make this vegan)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) organic kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup frozen, or no salt added canned whole-kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water. HEAT vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add turkey; cook until browned. Drain.
- ADD tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, tomato sauce, beans, chiles, corn, chili powder, cumin and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
Nutrition information per serving: 150 calories; 6 g fat; 16 g carbohydrate; 6.5 g protein; 5 g fiber; 224 mg sodium
Photo and recipe courtesy of VeryBestbaking.com