Cook along with Chef Brandon as he shows us how to make Roasted Leg of Lamb.
Roasted Leg of Lamb over Potatoes with Mint and Rosemary Chimichurri
- 4.5 lb Bone-in Leg of Lamb
- 4 Tb Olive Oil
- 2 Tb Salt
- 1 Tb Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 Tb Rosemary
- 1 Tb Thyme
- 1 Tb Garlic Powder
- 1 Tb Onion Powder
- 2 Onion, Quartered
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 4 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Cup Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Cup Fresh Parsley Leaves
- ¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- ¾ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes, Optional
1. Preheat oven to 425oF.
2. Combine the olive oil, salt, ground black pepper, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, and onion powder. Set aside.
3. Cut Yukon gold potatoes into 1 inch pieces, and quarter onions.
4. Put potatoes, onions, and garlic in the bottom of a roasting pan, and lay the leg of lamb on top, fat side up.
5. Put roasting pan in the 425oF oven for 15 minutes.
6. Remove the lamb from the oven and reduce heat to 325oF.
7. Spread the seasoning paste over the leg of lamb and cover with foil.
8. Return lamb to oven for an additional 1 hour.
9. While the lamb is in the oven, combine garlic cloves, fresh mint, rosemary, parsley, red wine vinegar, kosher salt, olive oil, and red pepper flakes in a food processor, and set aside.
10. Remove foil and roast for another 10 minutes until the lamb temperature registers 125oF for medium rare.
11. Let lamb rest for 45 minutes before carving.