Wake up and smell the beef bacon!
Bacon lovers! Enjoy the bold taste of Certified Angus Beef® brand Beef Bacon by Schmacon. The hearty strips of beef are made without any added nitrites or nitrates.
Scmacon, your new favorite pork bacon alternative, is now available at Buehler’s! It is made with the premium beef you know and love.
Schmacon crisps quickly and delivers a smoky, sweet, beefy flavor. It is satisfying in ways that only beef can be. It is whole-muscle beef, smoked and glazed with less fat, less calories and less sodium than pork bacon. It also cooks in half the time of pork bacon.
Great as a side on a breakfast plate, or as a unique addition to your favorite recipe, pick up a package of Schmacon in our Meat Department today!
Try these Schmacon Recipes
Schmacon Waffles Napoleon
1 waffle cut in half
1 oz. whipped cream
1 oz. maple syrup
3 slices crisped Schmacon
- Prepare waffles according to instructions.
- Layer waffle, whipped cream, waffle, Schmacon.
- Then top with fruit if desired or just powdered sugar and syrup!
Schmacon™ Rockstar Burger
1 lb ground chuck beef
3 slices crisped Schmacon, chopped
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
6-9 slices crisped Schmacon
Red leaf lettuce
Tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp Sriracha sauce
2 1/2 Tbsp mayo
Brioche Bun or other
- Prepare Schmacon, crisping them to package directions.
- Mix Sriracha mayo ingredients and set aside. Mix ground chuck beef, and all burger ingredients.
- Form into (2) 1/2 lb or (3) 1/3 lb burger patties.
- Grill or pan fry onions until browned.
- Grill burgers until desired doneness and/or juice in burgers run clear.
- Top each burger with two or three slices of crisped Schmacon. Add other toppings as desired.
Enjoy, you’re a Rockstar!
Schmacon™ Crusted Atlantic Salmon over Lemon Avocado Jus
4 strips Schmacon
1 – 6 oz. salmon filet
1 Hass avocado (ripe), sliced
1 oz. canola oil
1 Tbs. salt and pepper
1 egg yolk
2 oz. cold water
- Whisk water and egg yolk together.
- Lightly brush salmon filet with egg mixture adding a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Lay Schmacon strips side by side on a cutting board and place salmon in the center.
- Wrap Schmacon around salmon.
- Brush with egg mixture once more.
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat until just beginning to smoke.
- With metal spatula, carefully set salmon in oil with smooth side down.
- Turn when Schmacon begins to brown, approximately 3 minutes. Carefully turn over and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Remove salmon and place on plate to rest.
- Pour oil out of pan and squeeze lemon juice into pan, not over heat, adding salt and pepper.
- Add avocado into pan with lemon juice and heat over high heat for 20 seconds.
- Remove liquid and avocado onto plate.
- Slice salmon in half and place on avocado.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
Recipes courtesy of Scmacon