https://www.buehlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Pumpkin-Roll-Pic-for-website.jpg 628 1200 Karen Brenner https://www.buehlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/BuehlersLogo-New.png Karen Brenner2020-10-19 16:46:122020-10-20 15:28:57What's Cooking - Pumpkin Roll
Join Drew as she demonstrates how to make this Pumpkin Roll!
- Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray and place parchment paper on a 17 1/2- by 12 1/2-inch pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs, granulated sugar, pumpkin and lemon juice until smooth. Sift together the flour, ginger, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the egg mixture and blend until fully combined. Spread the batter in the parchment lined pan. Bake until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, around 10 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan.
- With an electric mixer, combine the confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla and beat until smooth. Spread the mixture on top of the cake. Gently roll the cake up and refrigerate it until you’re ready to slice and serve. Dust with confectioners’ sugar just before serving.