https://www.buehlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Whie-Fish-Burrito-Bowl-with-Pineapple-Salsa.jpg 628 1200 Karen Brenner https://www.buehlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/BuehlersLogo-New.png Karen Brenner2021-01-29 09:38:002021-01-29 09:39:56White Fish Burrito Bowl with Pineapple Salsa
Seafood = selfcare! Eat something delicious while protecting your heart using our recipes here. The American Heart Association recommends two servings of non-fried fish every week for heart health.
White Fish Burrito Bowl with Pineapple Salsa
Makes 4 servings; 30 minute total prep time.
- 1 lb. white fish, such as Alaska pollock or cod
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle chilies in adobo, chopped
- 2 tablespoons and 1 TSP fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoons each of finely diced red onion and chopped cilantro
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2-1/2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 cup prepared white or brown rice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen fish, pat dry. Place in a spray-coated baking dish/pan and tightly cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Puree the chilies in adobo, lime juice, oil, sugar, oregano, salt, onion and garlic powders.
- Pour sauce over cooked fish. Break up until sauce is evenly distributed, keeping fish chunky. Keep warm.
- For the pineapple salsa, combine pineapple, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, 1 TSP lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- For each portion, place ½ cup rice, ½ cup black beans and 3 oz. chipotle lime fish in a bowl. Top with ¼ cup pineapple salsa.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute