https://www.buehlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CAB-Beef-Recipe-Blog-photos3.jpg 321 845 Karen Brenner https://www.buehlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/BuehlersLogo-New.png Karen Brenner2017-01-20 15:19:182017-01-20 15:25:53Slow Cooker Stroganoff Recipe
Slow Cooker Stroganoff
Serves 6 – 8
- 2 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® top round steak, cut in 1-1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh baby bella (cremini) or button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pound egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- Pat beef dry and season evenly with salt and pepper. Heat large sauté pan over medium-high heat; add oil to coat pan. Sear cubes in batches in a single layer, developing a good browned crust on a least two sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer beef to slow cooker.
- Add butter, shallots and mushrooms to pan, stirring and scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook 5-8 minutes until water from mushrooms evaporates. Stir in paprika, mustard and stock and transfer to slow cooker; cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream and flour. Stir into cooker; cover and simmer an additional 30 minutes. Cook noodles according to package directions and drain. Stir noodles into stroganoff and serve, garnishing with parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef®